Thursday, 20 March 2008

Slayer-dream


I dreamt I went to a Slayer concert last night, I went with my brother, and it was out in the countryside somewhere. It was very unorganised, but we needed ID to validate our tickets, I had for some reason not brought a wallet or keys or phone or anything so we had to sneak in. Then later on I think I was with Anja instead of my brother and we were in our seats. It was being held in a large stadium, or possibly a gigantic tent set up like a stadium on the inside. We were sitting on the mezzanine/balcony which was built entirely out of wood, and it was swaying really ominously, we were talking about how bad it might get when Slayer came on. They played two songs I didn't know, then "Imperial Bodybags" (a Manic Street Preachers song), and during that the side of the tent started coming down on top of us. The mezzanine started coming apart and a girl behind me just fell straight through it, I didn't see what happened to her. The entire thing collapsed, but we got out somehow.

After that we went around looking for Slayer t-shirts. A guy at a stand took me up to an apartment to look at his posters, I tried to tell him how great the soundtrack to "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" is, and then he sold me a green polo shirt with frogs on it, I didn't realise what it was/how ugly it was 'til I was paying for it. Actually Anja paid for it, I hadn't brought money. I remember seeing some stand selling Slayer bathmats.


Manic Street Preachers - Imperial Bodybags

No comments: