Monday 22 June 2009

Voidoid



from 38th Street Publishers:
"The Voidoid
Richard Hell

As Hell wrote in the intro to the 1996 edition of the novelina:

“The Voidoid was written in 1973 in a little furnished room on East 10th St. I was staying with Jennifer (‘my thoughts and me are like ships that pass in the night’) in her apartment down the block overlooking the graveyard at St. Mark's Church. The Neon Boys was stalled because we couldn't find a second guitar player... Every day I'd take a bottle of wine with me across the street to the $16-a-week room I'd rented for writing. The method was I’d keep going till I got to the end of a single-spaced page, which was pretty far. I'd wake up an hour later and have to drink a whole lot of water.”

Kier's many drawings were made 2008-2009 specifically for the book.

Price: $14.00"

---

"Richard will be giving a reading from the book this Saturday at Printed Matter. Both Hell and Sandvik will be available to sign copies for those interested.
TIME:
Saturday, June 27th
5:00 - 7:00 PM
Free


PLACE:
Printed Matter (http://printedmatter.org/)
195 Tenth Avenue (betw. 21st St. & 22nd St..)
New York City"

you can get the book here: https://www.38street.com/bd/?bid=15! yay!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you. Enjoy this, which will be the first of many (I'm sure).

pindus said...

kjempestolt! god tur!

Thomas Moronic said...

Awesome. Congratulations!

asthmabunny said...

yays!! koss har du det? eg önske meg mail :) savne deg. du e best!

Anonymous said...

I got a copy; it's in my hands and it's gorgeous!

AJ said...

this is so awesome, i will totally be there!

ottAr said...

hei kier! når skal du bo hos oss igjen? er det til uka? koz och klemz! håper du har det bra!

kier said...

hey, thanks all of you so much!

kier said...

AJ, it was so great to meet you, and i can't believe you gave me one of your drawings. i love it tons, gotta clear some space somewhere in my room for it. i'm sorry we didn't get to hang out more and i had to run off at the end, but hopefully we'll do it again. xx