Friday, 9 May 2008

this mortal coil


Song to the Siren (scene from Lost Highway)

3 comments:

you-x said...

God I love this song. Haven't thought of this album for a while, but was listening to Big Star's Third/Sister Lovers the other week and started wishing I still had the This Mortal Coil album with covers of 'Kangaroo' and 'Holocaust' - really great stuff. A bit too dramatic at times maybe? I really like it though.

you-x said...

I didn't mean that this song is over the top. I love this song. I meant some other stuff on that album. This song is god like, and probably my favorite recording of Elizabeth Frasier.

I just wish I had the album she worked on for Faye Wong. God do I love Faye Wong.

kier said...

some of the songs on that album really are overly dramatic, while some are great. i have the album on my computer, i could upload some of the songs for you if you want? i can do that. kangaroo and holocaust are my favourite tracks off the album, i've been listening to just those obsessively lately.

you don't have big stars Holocaust do you? i haven't heard it and i've been looking around for it with no luck.

i've never heard of faye wong before, i should i assume?